• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Failed HST PC 43290

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I boarded the heavily delayed 16.19 off Peterborough - Stevenage, a northbound HST pulled in, and an announcement was made that this service would be terminating and that passengers should not board.

The trailing PC, 43290 was idling, but sounding very metallic, and clearly all was not well!

The station announcer asked passengers for the Aberdeen service to remain on the platform and await a replacement train. A very long night ahead for some I suspect!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

asylumxl

Established Member
Am I right in my assumption this is an MTU engined PC?

For such new engines, I expected them to be more reliable. I was on an HST not too long ago which had an engine issues.

Aictos

Established Member
As I boarded the heavily delayed 16.19 off Peterborough - Stevenage, a northbound HST pulled in, and an announcement was made that this service would be terminating and that passengers should not board.

The trailing PC, 43290 was idling, but sounding very metallic, and clearly all was not well!

The station announcer asked passengers for the Aberdeen service to remain on the platform and await a replacement train. A very long night ahead for some I suspect!

That looks to be the 16:00 Kings Cross to Aberdeen currently running 21 minutes late approaching Darlington and won't be on time as such until it gets to Kirkcaldy.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Am I right in my assumption this is an MTU engined PC?

Yes you are. All EC, FGW, XC, GC and NR power cars are now MTUed. Whilst all EMT power cars have VP185s. There are no Valenta's remaining on the mainline.

They ethier fixed it or found a replacement set very quick. Just check on the East Coast website and the 1600 KX-AB is only 18mins late.

Status
Not open for further replies.