• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fails Claim - Railway card

Status
Not open for further replies.

anaswl2

Last month I booked a ticket through a link that my friend shared. I did not realize that he applied the railcard to his ticket, and I ended up applying it without realizing it. During my ride, the operator asked for my ticket, and I showed it to him, he asked for my railcard, and I panicked, so I told him that I did not have it on me. He gave me a GRTEMG ticket and asked me to upload it once I was home. When looking into the form, I realized that the card must be purchased before my trip. I tried to contact the railway company through the form and explain that I understood that what I did is illegal and I would like to correct it; however, they highlighted that any information shared through the form would be discarded as they were only looking for the season ticket. I googled the GTR Prosecutions Team email, and I shared my information and asked them if there is a way to sort this out outside of court. However, an automated email was sent saying that they would not accept any appeal through that email and that it would be discarded. One last thing, I also realized that I shared the wrong house number when reporting my information; accordingly, I sent an email with my information and the correct address to the email provided ([email protected]).

Notting that the 21 days period did not pass yet, I am trying to get ahead of this and fix the issue as soon as possible without going to the count. I want to ask if there is anything else I can do or email to send to help sort this out quickly. I understand that what I did was wrong and want to fix it.

Thank you

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.