• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Farnborough to Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steddenm

I've noticed that fares between Farnborough (North or Main) to Reading are cheaper than a Farnborough Main to Basingstoke return, yet one of the routes is via Basingstoke to Reading?

So I'm guessing a Farnborough Main/North to Reading ticket is valid via Basingstoke and not just on GWR services from North? And can you split at Basingstoke on the return and come back later? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Farnborough Main/North to Reading is indeed valid via Basingstoke.

I'm not sure what your last question means; are you asking if you can break your journey? Yes you can, though I don't know if this would be hassle-free.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You can but I've no idea if the ticket would work the barriers, as if they don't, how the staff would react.

FenMan

Established Member
This only applies to Off Peak tickets, which have different validities on weekdays.

The Farnborough - Basingstoke Off Peak ticket (priced by SWR) is valid after 0859, so, using the May timetable, is valid on the 0903 from Farnborough Main, arriving in Basingstoke at 0928.

The Farnborough - Reading Off Peak ticket (priced by GWR) is valid after 0914, so the first valid service from Farnborough Main to Reading via Basingstoke is the 0933, arriving in Basingstoke at 0958.

Status
Not open for further replies.