• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Class Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.

badger1badger

Hi

We are wanting to do a first class rail rover

Looking to do a long trip south from leeds maybe totnes

Then back to Scotland and travel on the west highland railway

So a few questions

Can you reserve first class seats with a rover

Can you partake in all the first class priveledges
Food, lounges , etc

Can you travel on the sleeper services ?

Any info will be great

Paul

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class57basher

You should be able to reserve seats with it and you will defo would be advised to reserve a seat on sleeper services as well

telstarbox

Established Member
If you aren't aware - there are restrictions on some inter-city services from Monday to Friday even with an ALR. See the 'Details' section here:

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/promotions/pr569241c35ce74100fb0de1b9798124/details.html

For the Sleepers:

National Rail Enquiries said:
The All Line Rail Rover is valid for travel on:
ScotRail Caledonian Sleeper services in seated coaches (reservations compulsory) or in a berth with the payment of the appropriate supplement.
First Great Western Night Riviera Sleeper services in seated coaches (reservations recommended but not compulsory) or in a berth with payment of the appropriate supplement.
Ffestiniog Railway.

Goatboy

Established Member
I just noticed that a First Class 7 day All Line Rover is cheaper than a Penzance to Wick First Class return route Via London and only a few quid more than an Offpeak Return route Any Permitted. Intruiging!

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I wouldn't worry as no one actually buys these fares. At least that was XCs excuse when one of the fares on this route went over £1000.

Back on topic, as well as the information above on sleepers and seat reservations in answer to you question about lounges and onboard service you're entitled to everything that a normal first class ticket holder is entitled to. So free lounge access and the full range of complimentary items onboard.

Be3G

Established Member
Regarding sleepers, I would add that I think the number of berths that can be allocated to supplement holders is quite limited, so I'd advise early booking if a bed is desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.