• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First South West (Kernow & Buses of Somerset)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

83G/84D

Established Member
E400MMC’s WK18 CFO & WK18 CFP delivered in blue colours for Uni services. WK18 CFU & WK18 CFV E400MMC’s also delivered in green colours.

MB162435

Established Member
Kernow green liveried Trident 33112 is also on U3 duties, whilst E200 44921 was on the 14:37 35A service from Falmouth Moor to Helston and on the 15:37 return service

43855 & 32758 both seen at Bodmin Mount Folly a fair few mins ago, the nimbus was on the 55 and the east lancs was on the 27

83G/84D

Established Member
Trident 33238 on a T1 service to Penzance earlier today whilst E400MMC 33466 was seen with minor front end bodywork damage.

MB162435

Established Member
Kernow said in response to a comment on Facebook that all open top routes will be running except the 400 service around Falmouth which has been scrapped

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Kernow said in response to a comment on Facebook that all open top routes will be running except the 400 service around Falmouth which has been scrapped

I had suggested that 32027’s repaint into Atlantic Coaster livery might indicate that the 400 may be axed. Had a week in Falmouth (granted was September so not peak season) and barely saw a soul on the 400.

richw

Veteran Member
I had suggested that 32027’s repaint into Atlantic Coaster livery might indicate that the 400 may be axed. Had a week in Falmouth (granted was September so not peak season) and barely saw a soul on the 400.

I had it to myself on a sunny day in August!

If I am correct, 32027 had a registration plate change to OIG1794 last year, a possible indication of it entering service in the summer?

Anyways, I've seen a lot out today! Mainly solos and tridents, though I saw 23028 at the corner of St Austell bus station, no idea what it was doing.

P.S. If you look closely enough, you can still see where the old Torpoint stickers were on 32758

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
If I am correct, 32027 had a registration plate change to OIG1794 last year, a possible indication of it entering service in the summer?

Anyways, I've seen a lot out today! Mainly solos and tridents, though I saw 23028 at the corner of St Austell bus station, no idea what it was doing.

P.S. If you look closely enough, you can still see where the old Torpoint stickers were on 32758

I think you'll find that 32027 was already reregistered and in service on the 400 last summer https://www.flickr.com/photos/29197...photolist-V57jwL-UTaWgY-YrWqPe-UFXva3-TSA5xM/

MB162435

Established Member
It is is a shame the 400 wasn't more successful, maybe if it had its own route branding like the Atlantic Coasters it might of attracted more tourists. The service seemed to have been forgotten, with 32027 still in BoS base livery and just a bog standard route number it wasn't the most appealing compared to the open top routes out of Penzance and St Ives

Whiteway215

Established Member
Thank you for the info! Though I am a bit stuck with six buses, mainly solos.. xD

40322 and 50236 are both SORN and haven't been seen since last year, possibly scrapped? (Citation needed for both bits of info)

53040 and 53107 are both said to have been transferred, though there has been no recent photos of them?

Also, 69218 & 69219 are still marked down as awaiting transfer apparently. Have they been sent to South Yorkshire yet or no?
. Not particularly helpful in answering your query ClawzOneThirty but the last positive sighting of 50236 on here as far as I know was on 26 July last year. 83G/84D reported it was towed out of Camborne possibly bound for Winkleigh.

83G/84D

Established Member
Kendal King:- I take it these are what they are supposed to be? None of the new deliveries have been observed with external fleet numbers carried, will confirm registration / fleet number tie ups as and when they become apparent.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
It is is a shame the 400 wasn't more successful, maybe if it had its own route branding like the Atlantic Coasters it might of attracted more tourists. The service seemed to have been forgotten, with 32027 still in BoS base livery and just a bog standard route number it wasn't the most appealing compared to the open top routes out of Penzance and St Ives
Different type of tourist around Falmouth (I'm including Roseland Peninsula and Helford River/Truro River in this) as compared to true West Cornwall now. I've been studying/observing this at first hand for thirty years now. Penzance and Falmouth had so many similarities in 1988 when I was considering which town to open a shop in, even down to almost identical population numbers, but now Falmouth is much more middle class, with loads of restaurants, etc, and, of course, the Maritime Museum which has had a profound bearing. It has far fewer empty/charity shops than the town I chose, Penzance. Car parks in St Ives and Penzance also charge more than in other parts of Cornwall, even though they're almost all run by Cornwall Council: all in all, Penwith and West Cornwall is much more bus-friendly territory, although students in Penryn/Falmouth have obviously had some impact there.

MB162435

Established Member
Different type of tourist around Falmouth (I'm including Roseland Peninsula and Helford River/Truro River in this) as compared to true West Cornwall now. I've been studying/observing this at first hand for thirty years now. Penzance and Falmouth had so many similarities in 1988 when I was considering which town to open a shop in, even down to almost identical population numbers, but now Falmouth is much more middle class, with loads of restaurants, etc, and, of course, the Maritime Museum which has had a profound bearing. It has far fewer empty/charity shops than the town I chose, Penzance. Car parks in St Ives and Penzance also charge more than in other parts of Cornwall, even though they're almost all run by Cornwall Council: all in all, Penwith and West Cornwall is much more bus-friendly territory, although students in Penryn/Falmouth have obviously had some impact there.
That is very true actually, something I thought of, this is actually the second time the 400 has been scrapped, it was ended a few years ago when it was marketed as the 'Falmouth Explorer' around 2006 sort of time and used open top citybuses. Until it was relaunched using 32027, although unfortunately it never caught on, now that it has been scrapped again, other services like the 68 or the park and ride services should be sent via the beaches like the 41 service from Falmouth to Troon/Camborne use to, so that tourists can still easily access the beaches without having to take their cars out there. Or a completely new service could be created to serve the beaches as now the Falmouth depot has a surplus driver and there is always spare uni buses and Trident's and B7s

richw

Veteran Member
X501bfj and x502BFJ have been purchased by Roselyn and collected from Winkleigh over the last couple of days.
Dan has commented on his photos that Roselyn plan to return them to the road.

33057, 33113, 33164, & 33170 are all said to be in Cornwall/are awaiting to be transferred to Cornwall, is this true?