• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West of England (Bristol, Bath & The West)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Private Baxter

Established Member
A post from First about the new(ish) buses on the X39 has implied that the service, formally known as X39, will now be known as Aquae, which to me suggests will be in similar fashion to the former Severn Express. I thought it was to become 39X? Surely they won't drop the service number all together?

Whiteway215

Established Member
A post from First about the new(ish) buses on the X39 has implied that the service, formally known as X39, will now be known as Aquae, which to me suggests will be in similar fashion to the former Severn Express. I thought it was to become 39X? Surely they won't drop the service number all together?
The Bath Chronicle says they are brand new but include a photo showing 67 reg!

D2007wsm

Established Member
It’s just the brand name like Excel as it covers the X39 and the 39. It was originally intended for the X39 to be renumbered the 39x from tomorrow. This has been postponed and the brand will be used on the 39 for the time being as the buses have been painted and some have been branded.

ValleyLines142

Established Member

As I understand it, Aquae (pronunciation?!) will be a grouping together of services, such as Citylines East for the 6/7/42-45, Excel for X1-X9, South Glos Lynx for T1-3/Y1-Y6. So it'll in theory include the 39 as well as the 39X.

Edit: D2007wsm has explained above! :)

Private Baxter

Established Member
It’s just the brand name like Excel as it covers the X39 and the 39. It was originally intended for the X39 to be renumbered the 39x from tomorrow. This has been postponed and the brand will be used on the 39 for the time being as the buses have been painted and some have been branded.
Thank you, that's what I had thought. It's just the wording in the article is a bit mis-leading.
As I understand it, Aquae (pronunciation?!) will be a grouping together of services, such as Citylines East for the 6/7/42-45, Excel for X1-X9, South Glos Lynx for T1-3/Y1-Y6. So it'll in theory include the 39 as well as the 39X.

Edit: D2007wsm has explained above! :)
On this occasion I think it is just for one service (ok the 39 as well, but I won't count that), but has it's own brand because it is such a core service in the network.

KyleM180

So the new timetables are out for the week starting the 5th of April and on a Saturday and Sunday the 42 is cut completely means only one bus an hour to kingswood. So by the looks of it you’ll have a 43 and a 44 leaving 15 mins apart then a 30 min gap till the next bus up church road ! All timetables can be found here.

https://www.firstgroup.com/bristol-...dates/coronavirus-covid19-service-information

The 44 is also suspended on weekends along with the 42. So You'll have the 43 going to Cadbury Heath via Kingswood and the 45 going to Cadbury Heath but via Hanham. I would've kept the 42 instead of the 43 personally as it goes onto Bitton and serves a wider area. However I don't see why you need the 7 still running along with the 6 especially when the 48/49 are still operating.

BBC

The 44 is also suspended on weekends along with the 42. So You'll have the 43 going to Cadbury Heath via Kingswood and the 45 going to Cadbury Heath but via Hanham. I would've kept the 42 instead of the 43 personally as it goes onto Bitton and serves a wider area. However I don't see why you need the 7 still running along with the 6 especially when the 48/49 are still operating.
Oh yeah never noticed the 44 was also off. So the 45/43 leave working 15 mins of each other from the centre then you have a 45 min wait. Who the hell makes these timetables...

BBC

You have to remember next weekend is Easter so there was always going to be a severely reduced timetable regardless
Yes I understand that but to have a 45 min gap between the 43 and 45 is silly. They should have been 30 mins apart to service church road.

-Colly405-

Was quite surprised that both vehicles on the 73 leaving Parkway at 1628 and 1629 today were Citylines East red gas buses.

I know that route brand allocation is all over the place as they are trying to use gas buses as much as possible, but I would've expected the 73 to be using its own branded ones, not the red East ones!?

Or is it interworking with something else, as the timetable looks as though it has a 46 min layover at BTM...

Observed on daily constitutional with dog!

BBC

Was quite surprised that both vehicles on the 73 leaving Parkway at 1628 and 1629 today were Citylines East red gas buses.

I know that route brand allocation is all over the place as they are trying to use gas buses as much as possible, but I would've expected the 73 to be using its own branded ones, not the red East ones!?

Or is it interworking with something else, as the timetable looks as though it has a 46 min layover at BTM...

Observed on daily constitutional with dog!
Most buses (even new ones) are sorn’d now so all we have left is red ones with a few green gas buses.

Marcus Fryer

Most buses (even new ones) are sorn’d now so all we have left is red ones with a few green gas buses.
Does this apply only to LH? HE were using Brislington P&R on the 75/76 and Bristol Uni (E400MMC) on the 24 last week, as well as Streetdecks.

Whiteway215

Established Member
Bath U2 gone Aquae. 36806 on there this morning. Just happened to notice it whilst out on my daily walk!

D2007wsm

Established Member
One of which (39453) was on the 5 last Thursday.
There is one on the 5 today. Didn’t catch the fleet number.

Does this apply only to LH? HE were using Brislington P&R on the 75/76 and Bristol Uni (E400MMC) on the 24 last week, as well as Streetdecks.
Yes it is across all depots, apart from Weston to an extent. All of the Badgerline B7s and Darts are off of the road, with the 3/5/7/20/X2 using Streetlites and everything else E400s. The 3/5/7 are interworking with each other due to driver reliefs being at the depot rather than town and the X2 is interworking with the 20.

I don’t know what Wells are using on the 126.

An Urban gas bus is also on the m1 tonight.

freetoview33

Established Member
It looks like First are operating the M1 for the time being. BCT(CT) are only operating the 62 to a normal timetable and the 505 and 506 are every 90 mins Both leave Southmead every 90 mins 07:30, 9:00, 10:30 and so on. So BCT are operating 3 buses only as each route is just 1 bus.

BBC

It looks like First are operating the M1 for the time being. BCT(CT) are only operating the 62 to a normal timetable and the 505 and 506 are every 90 mins Both leave Southmead every 90 mins 07:30, 9:00, 10:30 and so on. So BCT are operating 3 buses only as each route is just 1 bus.
Yes the M1 is running from LH now as I said a few days ago.