• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flexi seasons and cancellations

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdq

Wondering what the situation is with flexi seasons and cancellations leading to abandoned journeys.

I have one ticket left on my TPE flexi season which I was planning to use today. While eating my breakfast I have spotted that the next two trains from Dewsbury to Huddersfield are cancelled. Therefore I'm not going to travel into work by train today as I'll be too late if I wait for the next one. I'll either drive or WFH. I won't have the opportunity to use the remaining ticket before it expires.

Am I able to claim a refund of some part of the ticket value? And if so, how, as it's not coming under delay repay as I haven't travelled?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
NRE states:

Can you get Delay Repay on a Flexi Season ticket?​

Customers can apply to see if they’re eligible for Delay Repay in times of disruption. If a customer activates a day's worth of travel and chooses not to travel at the last minute in the event of train delays, they should apply for Delay Repay. You can find information on compensation and Delay Repay here.

So you should activate a day's travel and then claim Delay Repay.

As Delay Repay is normally only for journeys you have actually undertaken, and in view of the fact that GA has recently sought to recover Delay Repay payouts where it is alleged no travel was undertaken, I would contact Customer Services to explain the circumstances and ask them to confirm that you should claim Delay Repay.

By doing things this way, there can be no suggestion of impropriety - if they direct you to fill out the Delay Repay form then you have it in writing that this is the correct course of action for you to take.

pdq

Unfortunately too late now for today, as the trains I wanted were around 8am this morning, so the ticket isn't activated in time. I may yet re-gig my working plans this week so use it up in time, but I'll drop TPE a message to see what they say.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
You can request a partial refund on a Flexi-Season, but it's calculated using Anytime Day Return fares and an admin fee applies. As such, you're unlikely to get anything back if you've only got one pass remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.