• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Trainee Drivers - Tilsbury, Ipswich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladellboy

I agree with Tim, very good advise. Make sure you are well rested and keep calm. Tests are not particularly difficult however you do need to focus.

As Long as you stay calm and switched on you'll be fine.

All the best anyways.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Am I correct in thinking they were only at present interviewing for the Kent positions hence people only been offered the Tilbury depot.If I’m wrong I’m sure I get corrected lol

Tilbury isn't in Kent, it's in Essex....

GJL9916

I agree with Tim, very good advise. Make sure you are well rested and keep calm. Tests are not particularly difficult however you do need to focus.

As Long as you stay calm and switched on you'll be fine.

All the best anyways.

Many thanks Ladellboy, I had the tests & practise tests through today so will get stuck into them, fingers crossed!

GJL9916

I’ve had the same emails but I’m positive they are for online tests?!?

The initial email mentioned assessment days but these are two online test to be completed by Thursday, so not sure if this is an additional stage due to so many applicants or what? Been doing some practise and getting on ok, the SJT are difficult though as doesnt show you the solution or give you any clue how you’ve done so will practise that a little more on a website I found & lee my fingers crossed

Jobi-wan

The initial email mentioned assessment days but these are two online test to be completed by Thursday, so not sure if this is an additional stage due to so many applicants or what? Been doing some practise and getting on ok, the SJT are difficult though as doesnt show you the solution or give you any clue how you’ve done so will practise that a little more on a website I found & lee my fingers crossed
The sjt isn't something you can practice really, you just need to be yourself and I agree some of the questions can be a bit tricky. I don't think it's an additional stage, it seems to have been moved as ours were on the same day as the mmi! Good luck

martin2345uk

Established Member
No relocation sadly but Garston is within an hour from Manchester so worth a shot I guess..!?

Timpg

I wonder what this means for my application to the previous advertisement? Was told I’m in a talent pool ready for the next course..

Aitch77

How do you PM someone???? Maybe it's because I'm using a Surface Pro but there doesn't seem to be an option anywhere to message someone??!!

Cyclist

How do you PM someone???? Maybe it's because I'm using a Surface Pro but there doesn't seem to be an option anywhere to message someone??!!
There is a minimum number of posts required to do this. I think it’s 5 but I could be wrong

martin2345uk

Established Member
Well I applied, was quite surprised to immediately have to do the online tests as the first stage, rather than any sort of application form... and also it was almost the exact same test I did about 30 minutes ago for Crossrail :)

Though I did like the little "What do you know about us" type questions that they threw in there.

Well there we go, another application in...!

Aitch77

Well I applied, was quite surprised to immediately have to do the online tests as the first stage, rather than any sort of application form... and also it was almost the exact same test I did about 30 minutes ago for Crossrail :)

Though I did like the little "What do you know about us" type questions that they threw in there.

Is this for Freightliner? Good luck :D

GJL9916

have you applied for the IM and the HH positions? just wondering if you need to do two lots of tests? I am also in for a shunt driver job with FL, I have some tests to do for them so got 3 lots of tests to do by the looks of it so hopefully get somewhere with one of them, I am pretty confident with the visual tests it's just the SJT that are a bit up in the air as the responses can be open to interpretation. Good luck all will be good to be part of a live application process with you guys rather than read back on past applications!

martin2345uk

Established Member
have you applied for the IM and the HH positions? just wondering if you need to do two lots of tests? I am also in for a shunt driver job with FL, I have some tests to do for them so got 3 lots of tests to do by the looks of it so hopefully get somewhere with one of them, I am pretty confident with the visual tests it's just the SJT that are a bit up in the air as the responses can be open to interpretation. Good luck all will be good to be part of a live application process with you guys rather than read back on past applications!
No I only applied for one but having seen others apply for two I’m now wondering if I should apply for the other one too...?!

GJ_DAN

Hello there everyone. I’ve recently applied for a Freightliner trainee train driver job also, in Birmingham.
I’ve managed to pass the two online tests and have an assessment day in Crewe on 11th September. To the people who managed to get the job, congratulations! Any idea of the starting pay? Would just be nice to know. Anyone else in here going to the same assessment day?

Status
Not open for further replies.