• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Future of the current Moorgate station building?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ediswan

Established Member
The new Moorgate station, complete with shiny commercial space above, is well documented. What I could not find is anything about the future of the current Moorgate station building. For those not familiar, this is a classic 'hole in the wall' station. Surrounded and topped by many other uses in the same building. Does anybody know what is planned? If it is documented, and my search skills let me down, just post the link.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

marko2

Absolutely nothing, I suspect. Both the original entrances on Moor Place and in Electra House lead to an underground ticket hall underneath Moorgate which serves the NCL, Northern and sub-surface lines. Nothing changes this regard. the cross-rail entrance provides access primarily to the new platforms (there's also a link from one of the cross passages in the Northern Line platform at the bottom of the down escalator from the NCL).

The station has - very slowly - been getting new wall and floor tiling. Except for the NCL platforms which retain their mid-80s NSE decor.

Taunton

Established Member
Thanks. I am still trying to decide whether the existing building has been omitted from this rendering, or whether it is at a clever angle.
https://21-moorfields.com/
The new building would be where the Holland & Barratt shop etc are, and the Crossrail worksite, behind Moorgate. The existing historic station building is in front, where they have done the cutaway to show the train tunnels below. The render shows a nice open aspect in front of the new building, where in practice it will be shadowed by the west side of the station building and others across quite a narrow street.

The artist has had quite a good go at a Crossrail train at the bottom level, but unfortunately that looks like Piccadilly 1973 stock coming along the Circle Line :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.