• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gatwick Airport Hotel Shuttle Bus GH1 bus service information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nationalrail

Before the Corona Virus there was an extensive network of Gatwick Airport Hotel Bus Routes (which i believe were the G1/G2/G3/G4/G5/G6/G7/G8 bus services) operated by NSL using a mixture of Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 and Mercedes Benz Citaro vehicles.

Then the Corona Virus started and all of these routes were withdrawn and NSL then sold their entire fleet of Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 and Mercedes Benz Citaro vehicles which have mostly passed to new operators around the country.

But earlier in the beginning of 2022 they seem to have restarted hotel bus operations but it is now just one bus route numbered GH1 so the full service has not returned and according to information online BM Coaches are running it.

From what i can see BM Coaches are a coach operator who mainly do private hire and i can find no record of them owning any buses. But i can imagine they would be using coaches to operate such routes. So they must have some buses now.

To confuse things even further the bustimes tracking is showing buses with five digit fleet numbers but it is not showing reg numbers. But i do not think BM Coaches are large enough to be using five digit fleet numbers. So i am wondering if someone else is running these routes.

Has anyone been to Gatwick Airport in the past few months and seen the GH1 service? Who is actually running it? What type of vehicles are being used? Can anyone clarify the current situation?

Additionally the timetable shows that throughout the day there are two buses departing together every twenty minutes and then following each other around the entire route? Is this actually correct? Or is this an error? If it is correct then why do they not space it out to even ten minutes instead which would use the same exact amount of vehicles and drivers?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flange Squeal

Established Member
BM Coaches and YPIJ (Your Partner in Journey) are in common ownership and use all-over white Enviro 200 MMCs YX18 KNL/O/P with simple ‘Gatwick Hoppa’ logos on the Gatwick service. They also operate airport buses at Heathrow, with similar vehicles branded for a ‘British Airways Staff Shuttle’ and these are semi-regular performers on South Western Railway rail replacement work.
YPIJ have also operated UK-Europe coach services for Ouibus/BlaBlaCar and FlixBus, and BM Coaches ran some of the early UK FlixBus services (although I’m unsure if they’re still a contractor).

Last edited:

MotCO

Established Member
There are a number of pictures on Flickr. They seem to be operated by BMcoaches, using 18 and 68 reg MMC Enviro 200s, and some older E200 in a mainly white livery.

markymark2000

On Moderation
FlixBus, and BM Coaches ran some of the early UK FlixBus services (although I’m unsure if they’re still a contractor).
BM Coaches is no longer anything to do with Flixbus due to the situation when Flix started up the first time around when BM Coaches failed to provide legally required PSVAR vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.