• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

German metro system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladder23

Established Member
hi all,

I’m at the early stages of looking into the German metro system, I would like to do the tour and try to get around as much as possible, see the nicer parts, and the not so areas.

I am looking for as much info as possible with regards to pricing, where would be ideal to stay, absolutely anything that’s relevant, any experience from anyone here I would love to hear about.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

delticdave

hi all,

I’m at the early stages of looking into the German metro system, I would like to do the tour and try to get around as much as possible, see the nicer parts, and the not so areas.

I am looking for as much info as possible with regards to pricing, where would be ideal to stay, absolutely anything that’s relevant, any experience from anyone here I would love to hear about.

Thanks

Which German Metro system? There's more than one.............

k-c-p

And Nuremberg. At least one line there is fully automated: No driver and no platform doors (like metro D in Lyon).

Addiotionally, lots of cities have tram networks with underground section.

Ladder23

Established Member
I should have researched before making a uneducated post, sorry. (I have since looked and discovered more than I initially thought!!)

moderators please feel free to shut down/ close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.