• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Getting into spotting

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyJMP

Hey all, I've recently gotten interested in trains and although I don't quite fancy going all over the country in the darkest of winter to spot, I would quite like to go see some local trains.

I do like the regular deisel/electric engines and I enjoy the array of rolling stock as I go to/from uni. But is there anywhere I could get details of special or important trains coming by me? Like some sort of website where I could just look at my area and see any upcoming trains coming through?

Presumably there's got to be some information somewhere, else how do people know when to turn up to see them? :lol: thanks :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Condor7

The other site enthusiasts use is realtimetrains.

Either way a bit of experience at using them comes in handy, especially for freight trains as regular paths are booked and show as passing at a certain time but some never run. Understanding how to correctly read these tables takes a little while. My advice would be to get familiar with using them, and then ask about how to interpret them properly, there are plenty on here who will gladly help.

Status
Not open for further replies.