• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Go Ahead acquires Pulhams

Parebunks

Oxford Bus has announced a new 'area director' for Pulhams:
Oxford Bus Group has appointed Alex Chutter as Area Director of Pulhams Coaches, to lead its strategic growth.

Mr Chutter has more than 12 years’ experience in the public transport industry, most recently as Operations Director at Go-Ahead Group’s Brighton & Hove Buses and Metrobus division.

Oxford Bus Group, owned by the Go-Ahead Group, which comprises Oxford Bus Company, Thames Travel, City Sightseeing Oxford, Carousel Buses, acquired Pulhams Coaches in June last year.

Mr Chutter has previously overseen the process of integrating recently-acquired bus businesses into new parent companies, including Southdown PSV which was acquired by Brighton & Hove Buses in February. He also has significant coaching experience from his time working in Go South Coast, and from looking after the Spirit of Sussex business in Brighton.
From the MD at Oxford Bus:
“This is a significant appointment for our business and we are pleased to have Alex on board.

“He brings strong experience in the industry with expertise in integrating acquisitions and this is valuable as we continue to integrate Pulhams Coaches into our group.

“A key part of our strategy is to enhance the private hire business and to work with local authorities to improve the regional bus network and help ease congestion, improve air quality and keep communities connected.

“On behalf of Oxford Bus group, I extend a warm welcome to Alex as he begins his new role.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Parebunks

The promised BSIP-funded improvements to the 801 are starting from the beginning of April, seemingly including an extension to Chipping Norton (bustimes.org). Quite a neat timetable, allows a PVR of 4 (correction: 5) whilst still allowing generous layovers at either end. Will be interested to see how it does, don't think I'm aware of a service this frequent on the corridor before?

Last edited:

RELL6L

The promised BSIP-funded improvements to the 801 are starting from the beginning of April, seemingly including an extension to Chipping Norton (bustimes.org). Quite a neat timetable, allows a PVR of 4 (correction: 5) whilst still allowing generous layovers at either end. Will be interested to see how it does, don't think I'm aware of a service this frequent on the corridor before?
That's really good. Hourly buses from Chipping Norton to Moreton-in-Marsh! The rest of the service was hourly in the past. A much more attractive timetable, no AI nonsense. I don't think it is really 5 buses, one just goes into Cheltenham in the morning and returns in the afternoon, my guess is this will be the bus already running the P & Q. So basically 4 buses against 3 now. And it looks like it incorporates a Chipping Norton school run which may already exist in some form. Excellent!