• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Graffiti on SWR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Towers

Established Member
Anecdotal I know, but there seems to be a marked increase in graffiti on SWR’s Desiro fleets in particular over recent months. Has a particular problem reared its ugly head at a stabling location somewhere I wonder?

In my experience it’s always tended to be fairly rare on the SWT/SWR network, or at least on units in service.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AJDesiro

I've noticed it becoming more common everywhere, to be honest. It wouldn't surprise me if it had something to do with a lack of funding resulting in much less frequent graffiti removal.

Towers

Established Member
I've noticed it becoming more common everywhere, to be honest. It wouldn't surprise me if it had something to do with a lack of funding resulting in much less frequent graffiti removal.
It’s rather disappointing to see it daubed all over freshly repainted units! :(

fgwrich

Established Member
It’s rather disappointing to see it daubed all over freshly repainted units! :(
Indeed, my office overlooks the SWML at Basingstoke now and sadly it’s becoming all too common to see at least 2 units daily now tagged.

Mind you, the Great Western fleet also seems to be taking a hit of late too. I would like to say it sounds like the BTP Graff Squad needs to be bought back but budget cuts over the last decade put paid to that…

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Southern as well; I was on 377 159 on Saturday evening and the amount of obscuring over the lower parts of the windows on one side of the carriage suggested it had been extensively unofficially re-liveried.

Status
Not open for further replies.