• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central Delay Compensation - Combine tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkstudent

Established Member
I have got an Advance ticket from West Yorkshire to London on Sunday and since East Coast was a mess on yesterday thus all GC trains cancelled.

Since I have also got season ticket in London and a seperate ticket to connect to Wedt Yorkshire from other place, would GC refuse to compensate the rest of the journey and just pay their section?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

skyhigh

Established Member
You should note GC don't offer Delay Repay but instead operate their own compensation policy that generally pays out a lower amount for delays compared to Delay Repay.

As long as the ticket that connects with the GC is a reasonably similar time they should pay it without question - but if it was an Advance with a considerable gap they might argue it wasn't a consecutive journey. You should also be entitled to compensation for the season ticket delay, but I'm not sure how much they'd pay or if they'd argue the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.