• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Grand Central: running on one power car only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRX

Established Member
I'm on a GC southbound service, sitting in the rearmost carriage. I can hear the front power car making a racket when we're leaving stations etc but the rear power car seems to be running at a constant, low level. Is this normal practice? Is it because of the short formation (only five coaches)? If so, why isn't the rear car just powered off completely?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BRX

Established Member
Go and ask the gaurd. I got a message about it, but Im not putting that one here!

not normal practice then?
Actually there's just been an announcement over the intercom that there's some problem with the power car...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
So the latest is that we came to a complete halt north of grantham. The driver got out and walked to the rear power car to do something to it, then we started moving forwards painfully slowly. Then we come to a stop again with the nose of the train nearly at the beginning of the station platform. Now we are inching forward, and i mean really inching forwards in an attempt to get to the platform. The train is going to be caped here by the look of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.