• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GTR - Trainee Train Driver vacancies (07/12/20)

Chuchu

Thank you ! I've done it over the weekend, now I hope to receive a positive email in one of these days :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chuchu

Just got a call today, I've passed all stages and now awaiting a start date for training!! Can't believe it!!
Congratulations !!! ;) Have you applied in December or on a previous recruitment drive ? If it's December, then I'm impressed of how fast you went through everything. Good luck getting a starting date quickly !

Bn98

Emails are happening again on mass from Southern, myself and 3 others have had a no from them but a yes from Thameslink! Keep an eye out...

MistaMatthews

Congratulations !!! ;) Have you applied in December or on a previous recruitment drive ? If it's December, then I'm impressed of how fast you went through everything. Good luck getting a starting date quickly !
No, this was back in March I think. I honestly can't remember exactly. So yeah it is a fairly long process!

joshuan542

It's very odd then. I live a 5 min drive away from Barnham and forty mins from Brighton but it's Thameslink I got the yes from , I haven't heard from Southern.
I'm around the corner from you also in LTH, I had a no from Southern but awaiting Thameslink who I currently work for

Chuchu

Yes! Last week. So nervous. You must be just behind me. I'm excited for you ☺️
I'm curious to see, after you receive the "you have passed" email, if they have available dates for assessments. Fingers crossed for everyone ;)

CaptJack

Has anyone got any idea how quickly they let you know if you have passed or failed the SJT? I did one last Sunday and heard nothing yet.

Chuchu

I also received that email this morning and I’ve just done the test so hopefully find out next week
You were fast :D. Good luck getting a positive result and soon ! I'm at work right now, but tomorrow I'll get it done too. How did you find it ?

Alex_09

You were fast :D. Good luck getting a positive result and soon ! I'm at work right now, but tomorrow I'll get it done too. How did you find it ?
Yeah I didn’t want to hang around didn’t find it to hard but you just never know until you get the yes lol. Good luck when you do yours

Ladder23

Established Member
People have starts and some haven’t even had emails yet? That don’t make sense at all to me

Joe-7

Just got a call today, I've passed all stages and now awaiting a start date for training!! Can't believe it!!
Congratulation mate, I’ve passed 2 test but now I gotta do the Mini SCAAT, don’t the interview you before giving you a training date ???

Monday. There's another person who did it and found out weds! I'm starting to worry. It's such a waiting game
Im sure you’ll pass! A quick one do you know what’s next after passing the mini scaat test ??

Last edited:

Vola_c

Congratulation mate, I’ve passed 2 test but now I gotta do the Mini SCAAT, don’t the interview you before giving you a training date ???

Im sure you’ll pass! A quick one do you know what’s next after passing the mini scaat test ??
There's a guy who is literally just in front of me and he's got an assessment day in Croydon. So full on tests like you'll do in the mini Scaat. After that who knows. When you doing your mini scaat? Southern or Thameslink? Best of luck

MistaMatthews

What is your involved in the mi

So it goes:
1 GTR Questionnaire
2 SJT
3 Mini Scaat
4 Psychometric Assessments
5 DMI
6 MMI

Sorry, I probably should have stated, I'm from a recruitment drive back at the start of last year and have completed all stages.

Choochoo89

Does anyone know if there assessment centres are open? I’m stuck waiting for an assessment with 2 other TOCs so I’m praying they are open (and that I get a pass from my mini scaat!)

would be amazing to be at DMI state for 3