• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GWR Customer Host

Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfNitro

I have to attend a assessment for customer host on the 3rd of January, what does this involve?and as only 35 hrs would there be any overtime available?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WarJan

Hi congrats for the assessment.

For Host Roles,

Focus on the assessment first and forget about the Overtime etc.

If successful you can do overtime on your rest days.

Great opportunity for you due to the new Hitachi Intercity trains.

HalfNitro

Hi congrats for the assessment.

For Host Roles,

Focus on the assessment first and forget about the Overtime etc.

If successful you can do overtime on your rest days.

Great opportunity for you due to the new Hitachi Intercity trains.
I was just curious as I would be taking quite a pay cut, but would be working 20 less a week so was thinking ahead. Thanks for your advice

WarJan

I was just curious as I would be taking quite a pay cut, but would be working 20 less a week so was thinking ahead. Thanks for your advice

Hi sure i understand if it’s a case of less hours then absolutely, as a host you have you’re diagram, many rest days you would be able to work those rest days, bare in mind you will be pulling trolleys etc on the job so your rest days you may want them, salary is about 24k so is quite good l, overtime etc could take you higher.

You must remember the group exercise in assessment to take control, don’t be controlling but a bit pushy

HalfNitro

Hi sure i understand if it’s a case of less hours then absolutely, as a host you have you’re diagram, many rest days you would be able to work those rest days, bare in mind you will be pulling trolleys etc on the job so your rest days you may want them, salary is about 24k so is quite good l, overtime etc could take you higher.

You must remember the group exercise in assessment to take control, don’t be controlling but a bit pushy
I have seen on glass door, if you pass the assessment you then go on to an interview and do a mock pa announcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.