• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Has anyone actually taken a TOC to a Civil Court (MCOL) over denying duly owed refunds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trenopendo

Just a random thought, really. You might be well aware that the EU261 airline regulations are very pro-consumer, and it is not unheard of passengers taking airlines to Civil Court, winning, and then enforcing the judgement with bailiffs. See https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43585393, just as an example.

I know that in the railway the amounts at stake are usually much lower, but I'd be curious to know whether anyone has actually started proceedings against TOCs after exhausting other reasonable avenues. Wonder if Magistrates would be annoyed by someone raising a claim for < 100 GBP or so...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
Someone on this forum raised a claim for under £10 against I believe Chiltern Railways, which the company conceded and settled for nuisance value.

Status
Not open for further replies.