• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Have some London Overground 315s been shortened from 4 to 3 coaches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner18

I swear a saw a 3 carriage LO 315 running from Liverpool Street to Cheshunt a few days ago , is this a new set up that LO are starting to run rather than the normal 4 carriage ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BJames

Established Member
LO don't have this... or at least I haven't seen this, and I travel on this line regularly.

I think in the past I have seen a carriage locked out of use - I highly doubt that they'd physically remove a carriage from the 315s. They've been struggling at the peaks recently and have been skip-stopping because of short forms, but these are 8 coaches short-formed to 4.

Gooner18

LO don't have this... or at least I haven't seen this, and I travel on this line regularly.

I think in the past I have seen a carriage locked out of use - I highly doubt that they'd physically remove a carriage from the 315s. They've been struggling at the peaks recently and have been skip-stopping because of short forms, but these are 8 coaches short-formed to 4.

I am 99% sure it was a 3 carriage set up ,made me stare at it, as it looked so out of place running down the line.

gazr

Candidate for the Romford - Upminster shuttle after XR, as that wouldn't need more than a 3 car unit?!

Status
Not open for further replies.