• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hither Green

Basher

Has anyone any experience of taking photographs on Hither Green station please. I'm planning a trip there soon, advice welcomed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sad Sprinter

Established Member
Has anyone any experience of taking photographs on Hither Green station please. I'm planning a trip there soon, advice welcomed.
Last time I was there to watch trains was a few years ago. I didn’t take pictures but on the down main platform it was pretty remote from the ticket office where any staff would be.

Don’t go to Wandsworth Common station though, staff was *very* unhappy when I tried to take pictures there a few years ago!

Trackman

Established Member
No problems at all, as per normal just be sensible. There are (IFAIK) station staff who reside in a hidey hold on P5 watching the CCTV etc.. Only see can them in summer when the top half of the door is open.
I haven't taken photos there for donkeys years. There is a footbridge (I think) at the far end that afforded a good vantage point. Not sure if its still in use/in situ. What are you hoping to photograph?
Are you talking about the one at the Depot end? That went about 35 years ago, but it was a cracking vantage point.