• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Huddersfield-Lancaster Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outward: Sat 17 Dec 2011, preferably early/mid afternoon, arrival in Lancaster no later than 1900

Return: Sun 18th December, leave anytime, arrival in Huddersfield afternoon/early evening

One adult, no railcards. Could also travel from Slaithwaite.

Got it down to £21 on advances from Huddersfield, does anyone know if it can be done any cheaper?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Didn't someone ask for Lancaster to Huddersfield recently? or am I thinking of somewhere else? I advised them to get TPE Advances from the TPE website (50% off for Railcard holders) as this was the cheapest option.

Not quite the same thing but you may want to look at the Burneside - Huddersfield topic.

It's worth bearing in mind that tickets for journeys wholly within Greater Manchester offer good value for crossing Manchester (e.g. Stalybridge to Bolton) however given the relatively high price of Huddersfield-Stalybridge it tends to not be worth it.

northwichcat

Veteran Member
Travelling from Slaithwaite won't likely change the costs involved in a journey of this length.

I think the £10.50 Advance Singles each way will likely be your best option as there are no advances available for Huddersfield-Manchester or Huddersfield-Bolton. If you'd booked earlier you could have gone for £7 each way.

Status
Not open for further replies.