• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Trains Qualified Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

yellowgull

Hi there,

I'm thinking of applying for the Qualified Driver Position at Hull. I'm just wondering if anyone can shed any light on what the company is like, routes covered (obviously not the London bit) and what the jobs are like there?

Many thanks,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
The last time I had a conversation with a Hull Trains TM they said their standard route card which I guess must be the same as drivers (although who does the moves to Old Oak Common I don't know) was:

• Advertised usual route
  • 'Round the tops' Hull to Brough via Walton Street Junction, the docks branch and Hessle Road Junction
  • Via Goole
  • Selby to Doncaster via reversal at Hambelton West Junction
  • Via Lincoln
  • Via Hertford

Whether anything has been added/removed in the last 15 months or so I dont know.

Grimsby town

HT cover the Old Oak Common movements usually after running the service from Hull. Lodging in London is part of the job. I think maintenance may be moving to Crofton near Leeds in the future.

The company from what I hear is great to work for. I think they are lojoking at new routes in the future but wether they'll happen I'm not sure. I think every now and then you are expected to work a night shift.

Hope that's helps if you need anymore I can try and answer but this is second hand knowledge due to a family member working there.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
As an OAO their staff won't get Priv I believe? Might not be a factor but if you use it now something to consider!

Grimsby town

As an OAO their staff won't get Priv I believe? Might not be a factor but if you use it now something to consider!

Again don't havetake this as gospel but I believe you get a first pass with ten boxes unless you are BR safeguarded in which case you definitely get the usual 16 box pass for any company.

Status
Not open for further replies.