• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Hull Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

dk1

Veteran Member
Was planning to use the 16.05 ex-Kgx between Grantham & Hull next week using a 'priv' ticket but just noticed this service is barred due to heavy loadings. Can anybody answer the following please:-

1. Is this service particually busy after Grantham bearing in mind it may be Friday?

2. I may go anyway & ask permission but which coach does the train manager usually give right away from at Grantham on the down?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

First class

Established Member
Was planning to use the 16.05 ex-Kgx between Grantham & Hull next week using a 'priv' ticket but just noticed this service is barred due to heavy loadings. Can anybody answer the following please:-

1. Is this service particually busy after Grantham bearing in mind it may be Friday?

2. I may go anyway & ask permission but which coach does the train manager usually give right away from at Grantham on the down?

I would be surprised if you didn't get accepted.

I still do not understand how Hull Trains are permitted ATOC RST when they essentially don't allow staff on the majority of their trains.

Very unfair, particularly when WSMR/Grand Central want to sign a more generous RST agreement.

1605 is usually full and standing right through to Hull. The TM will be in the first class coach normally.

dk1

Veteran Member
Thanks guys. Im happy to stand anyway (preferbly at the bar!) but would be nice to get into Hull by 19.00.

dk1

Veteran Member
Was all fine in the end. Caught the 17.07 ex-Grantham & the train manager was more than happy to accept privs. Train was very busy in 1st in standard after several alighted at Grantham was only around 80% full. Suppose the 180s give an extra coach now.

Slightly off topic i was very impressed with Hull's Paragon Interchange. Excellent for onward connections & the whole place was very clean & tidy & still keeps that good feeling of a proud railway terminus. This summed up most of the City centre & Marina area which i must say was not something i expected to say. Would go back again without hesitation. :)

dk1

Veteran Member
Yep, it's good now.

Do you think they have enough bus stands though? ;):lol:

20 odd bays does seem a little on the tight side!! Mind you its a bus spotters dream. Just book into the HI Express alongside & it would be all over :wub:

Pumbaa

Established Member
Slightly off topic i was very impressed with Hull's Paragon Interchange. Excellent for onward connections & the whole place was very clean & tidy & still keeps that good feeling of a proud railway terminus. This summed up most of the City centre & Marina area which i must say was not something i expected to say. Would go back again without hesitation. :)

Hull is an excellent city, and regeneration has helped an awful lot. Obviously some still dire parts, but I am happy to visit Hull often regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.