• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Info Req - Bristol Temple Meads

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpsWeb

Hi,

I am after a little bit of info on Bristol Temple Meads please for GWR. Can anyone confirm that this list of traction / routes for the "West" drivers is correct please:

Traction is: 150/153/158/159

Bristol- Severn Beach.
Bristol - Taunton via Weston super Mare
Bristol - Cheltenham
Bristol - Cardiff
Bristol - Westbury - Portsmouth direct via Southampton and via Chandlers Ford
Bristol - Westbury - Weymouth
Bristol - St Phillips Marsh Depot

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mintona

Established Member
That looks pretty spot on to me. The work is linked at the depot, the bottom link signs only Severn Beach, Taunton, Bristol Parkway, Cardiff and St Philip's Marsh. Link 2 adds Cheltenham and Westbury-Warminster-Frome, with Link 1 adding the Portsmouth and Weymouth work.

The Weston avoiders are also signed, if rarely utilised.

OpsWeb

That looks pretty spot on to me. The work is linked at the depot, the bottom link signs only Severn Beach, Taunton, Bristol Parkway, Cardiff and St Philip's Marsh. Link 2 adds Cheltenham and Westbury-Warminster-Frome, with Link 1 adding the Portsmouth and Weymouth work.

The Weston avoiders are also signed, if rarely utilised.

Thanks. I heard from a friend that link progression is fairly quick in the grand scheme of things, but it can be anything from 4-10 years to get the HSS?

Thanks again.

Mintona

Established Member
Thanks. I heard from a friend that link progression is fairly quick in the grand scheme of things, but it can be anything from 4-10 years to get the HSS?

Thanks again.

Are you applying for a trainee or qualified driver's job? In general link progression is fairly quick, although lately there are a lot of new drivers so it might be a bit slower than previous.

You can put your name on the PT&R list for HSS after 2 years productive, after that it could be anyone's guess. It probably averages out at around 3 years on the list but wouldn't be surprised if others take 7-10 for some. It depends on the business needs and number of retirements. At the moment it is rumoured a lot more drivers will be required on HSS soon due to the upcmoming increase in services with the IEP timetable, but there is currently no agreement for the trains and until there is nobody will know what the plan is.

OpsWeb

Are you applying for a trainee or qualified driver's job? In general link progression is fairly quick, although lately there are a lot of new drivers so it might be a bit slower than previous.

You can put your name on the PT&R list for HSS after 2 years productive, after that it could be anyone's guess. It probably averages out at around 3 years on the list but wouldn't be surprised if others take 7-10 for some. It depends on the business needs and number of retirements. At the moment it is rumoured a lot more drivers will be required on HSS soon due to the upcmoming increase in services with the IEP timetable, but there is currently no agreement for the trains and until there is nobody will know what the plan is.

Thanks. I was contemplating applying for the Qualified job that has been advertised for the last few years but wanted to get as much research done as possible before applying.

Sounds like it could be a good move potentially so I think i will have to dust off my CV!

Status
Not open for further replies.