• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

is it true that the 1995 stock have weak brakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tubefan2013

I have heard a rumour that the 1995 stock brakes are quite weak. Is this true? I personally find the C77 and the 1972 stock seem to have the most powerful brakes.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
They actually have one of the best on the LU network.

Is certainly better than the brakes on the 1996TS, simply by power to weight on the dynamic braking, but the better traction systems on the 1995TS means better braking performance. But the 2009TS and S Stock do better the 90s AC stock IMO.

Mutant Lemming

Established Member
I can assure you theres a nice big handle in the cab that stops 72TS very quickly indeed ;)

The rheo was rubbish though, was better to use the Westinghouse or shut off and key to reverse before braking (after they sealed off the rheo cut out switch that is).

Motors dropping out while pulling away, erratic rheo while braking and they were an improvement on the 59s ?

Tubefan2013

The 1995 stock do have a better traction package than the 1996 stock. However On a coment on youtube a user said ( Probably driver) Said " Some drivers are frightened to go over 30mph, at this speed coming into stations there is a good chance of an overshoot"

True but maybe deceleration rates will improve under TBTC signaling?

Status
Not open for further replies.