• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Is there a mini camera tripod or grab to sit on a plastic bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Sorry for the long title, I cant think what it's called what I'm looking for!!

Basically I have a small camcorder with a thread to screw it onto the head of a tripod, and my Samsung phone is also good at videos.

With either device, whichever tool for it is useful for it, I'd like to record myself driving a coach, when its empty that is, mostly for my own posterity, maybe one on YouTube as well. I've seen the odd video on YouTube filming themselves driving a Plaxton B10M, and wondered how they get the angle, but it looks to me like it's on top of the front board, like this example behind the drivers seat on this picture (but on the other side)

Is there some sort of micro clip thing that would clamp on to that or something?

Any help appreciated!

James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JohnMcL7

A gorillapod was my first thought as well as I find they're the most flexible device to attach something with a tripod mount onto an irregular item.

It's possible some of the videos you're seeing are using gopros or similar on suction mounts which are quite flexible but probably no good for anything bigger.

dosxuk

Established Member
Magic arms - like this (random link, available from all over the place) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sinvitron®-Magic-Monitor-Pliers-Camera/dp/B011769YUM - are super useful for attaching small cameras and devices to all sorts of things, with the big advantage being you can lock them down solidly. The common online version like the one linked comes with camera threads at both ends, along with an attachable clamp for one end and a hot shoe adaptor for the other which makes them pretty flexible with what they will mount to.

For bigger cameras or heavier duty ones there are "proper" ones made by Manfrotto.

Status
Not open for further replies.