• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Jubilee Line Green Park Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanPrior

Anyone notice how on the Jubilee line when pulling into Green Park the announcement comes on and says "alight here for Wembley National Stadium"? It's been doing it for a couple of months now.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tom1649

Yes it is a programming error which is now slowly being rectified apparently.

tsr

Established Member
It does sound a bit odd, eh? Is it me, or is it most prevalent Southbound at the moment? Hopefully, anyone who has even vaguely looked at a map (even "just" the Tube map) will realise the error, although we must not assume that!

announcements

Nope - I've had it Northbound a fair bit too! It only seems to do it on approach as the "This station is..." announcement remains correct with its mention of Buckingham Palace.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Seems to take a while to put right - heard it Southbound today. I know any similar errors on the buses in London (so long as someone's reported it) shouldn't take more than 3 weeks at worst to rectify.

tom1649

Probably harder to update because it's an older system (heard that excuse used before anyway). The destinations on the Jubilee Line are still announced by 'Anita' as they have since 1998. Pretty old technology now! I don't suppose there are any 1998 vintage buses left on the streets of London are there, certainly none with DVAs?

causton

Established Member
Probably harder to update because it's an older system (heard that excuse used before anyway). The destinations on the Jubilee Line are still announced by 'Anita' as they have since 1998. Pretty old technology now! I don't suppose there are any 1998 vintage buses left on the streets of London are there, certainly none with DVAs?

It doesn't matter how old the buses are ;)
...iBus was widely rolled out in 2007/8 though, according to Wikipedia. So a lot younger - obviously it has been retrofitted to older buses! (apart from Routemasters, which are the only true London Buses* without iBus screens)

*commercial companies can run their own services into London but they are not integrated with TfL's ticketing, contracts and real time data systems, so do not have iBus installed.

announcements

Probably harder to update because it's an older system (heard that excuse used before anyway). The destinations on the Jubilee Line are still announced by 'Anita' as they have since 1998. Pretty old technology now!

The Jubilee line DVA technology does seem to be quite flexible in putting in new announcements like the recent "exit here for The Emirates Airline" as it was upgraded ats some point in the early-mid noughties to feature Celia Drummond for the majority of messages.

tom1649

I may be in a minority but I preferred it when Anita did all the announcements. "Grrreeeen Park!"

Status
Not open for further replies.