• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Kent Circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam0984

I want to go from St Pancras to Dover and back one way via Folkstone and back via Ramsgate and Margate.
A) is a London Terminals to Dover valid via Margate and faversham or canterbury (depending on how I feel)
B) what's the best ticket using Priv looked at the 0910 St P to Dover and want a break of journey at Folkestone and Margate or Canterbury. Travelling HS1

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

higthomas

I want to go from St Pancras to Dover and back one way via Folkstone and back via Ramsgate and Margate.
A) is a London Terminals to Dover valid via Margate and faversham or canterbury (depending on how I feel) It seems that it is not valid via Margate.
B) what's the best ticket using Priv looked at the 0910 St P to Dover and want a break of journey at Folkestone and Margate or Canterbury. Travelling HS1

A) It seems that it is not valid via Margate.

B)I will leave this question for those more knowledgeable than myself.

steamybrian

Established Member
I believe if you book a return to Deal or Sandwich then it is valid both via Ashford or Faversham but I will leave this to the fares experts on this forum to confirm.
A quick check on the mileage shows-
St. Pancras to Deal via Ashford and Dover...87 miles approx.
St. Pancras to Deal via Ashford and Canterbury West and Minster West curve 91 miles
St. Pancras to Deal via Faversham and Margate....92 miles

St Pancras to Sandwich via Ashford and Dover.. 91 miles approx.
St. Pancras to Sandwich via Ashford and Canterbury West and Minster West curve ..87 miles
St. Pancras to Sandwich via Faversham and Margate.. 87 miles

note- There are very few trains that use Minster West curve so a change at Ramsgate is necessary.
Mileages are approx. within one mile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.