• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lack of e-ticket on TfW route

Status
Not open for further replies.

317 forever

Established Member
I travelled yesterday from East Didsbury to Upton, changing and splitting my ticket at Shotton.

The Trainsplit and TfW websites said there was no e-ticket option for the Shotton to Upton leg.

I then went to another website - the LNER website - and was able to get an e-ticket for this route there. It was duly accepted by the inspector on his mobile scanner.

It seems odd that the TfW website could not issue an e-ticket for one of its own services when another TOC website did.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Adam Williams

Established Member
RCS doesn't allow this ticket to be sold as an E-Ticket:

SDS from Liverpool Stations to Upton (Merseyside) for £4.80, valid only for travel via Bidston.

Presumably because it's valid from Liverpool Stations, so is there Merseyrail validity? They are scared of E-Tickets on that network.

Please screenshot your LNER E-Ticket and/or booking confirmation email, if you think you've been sold the above.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Shotton to Upton is available as eTicket on Trainsplit:
1684155003006.png

Status
Not open for further replies.