• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Largest number of stored locos in one location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamracene749

I didn't count them, but there seemed to be a heck of a lot of PKP motive power gathering dust at Tarnowskie Gory and to a lesser extent Czechowice in Silesia a few weeks ago.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harbornite

Established Member
I didn't count them, but there seemed to be a heck of a lot of PKP motive power gathering dust at Tarnowskie Gory and to a lesser extent Czechowice in Silesia a few weeks ago.

Interesting, I was wondering who would mention Poland.

Stored locos can also be found at, among other depots, Poznan Franowo and Rybnik. I've got a list of other depots that I will add to this post later.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Here's a list of Polish depots with varying numbers of stored locos.

Poemeranian division:
Szczecin port centralny
Sczecinek

Northern division:
Bydgoszcz Wshod
Tczew Zajaczkowo
Gdynia Grabowek
Olsztyn
Karsznice?

Western division:
Czerwiensk
Leszno
Ostrow wielkopolskie
Poznan franowo

Central:
Bialystok
Lodz olechow
Malaszewice duze?
Warszawa odolany
Zdunska wola karsznice

Eastern:
Chelm
Skarzyko kamienna
Lublin

Southern:
Nowy sacz (where the EU06s are and one of the last homes of the ET21)
Tarnow

Silesian:
Czechowice dziedzic
Jaworzno szczakowa
Rybnik (street view on Google earth shows ranks of et22s and some et21s)
Tarnowskie gory

Lower Silesian
Jelenia gora
Legnica
Opole
Walbrzych
Wegliniec
Wroclaw brohow

Last edited:

AlexNL

Established Member
At Amsterdam Watergraafsmweer Yard you can even see 1 Fyra-set.
Are you sure about that? The Fyra sets were sold back to AnsaldoBreda and transported back to Italy afterwards, to my knowledge none remain in the Netherlands.

A few years ago the place was riddled with Fyra V250's. It was quite a sad sight, some of those trains had never carried a fare paying passenger in their life before being withdrawn.

Groningen

Established Member
Look at 52.356225, 4.943652 and go for the Earth (not Maps) version. Yes the trains are gone, but still to remind us of those horrible trains. Apparently!

AlexNL

Established Member
The footage on Google Earth is 6 years old!

If you look at the nearby Thalys set, you can see some yellow stickering on the 2nd coach. It reads "Bienvenue a Rotterdam, 1-4 juillet 2010." It's a promotional livery for the 2010 Tour de France, which started in Rotterdam.

Status
Not open for further replies.