• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Leeds Central Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken H

On Moderation
Does anyone have a layout diagram of Leeds central Station Not only a track plan but also the station buildings and its situation to the local streets. Pref between Nationalisation and closure.

I am especially interested if there was a pedestrian entry about opposite britannia St as I am sure I remember waiting there with Dad awaiting Mum and my grandparents to emerge. Early 60.

There is this 25" to the mile map from 1934 from the National Library for Scotland maps website but its not really detailed enough.

Thanks

1649343320103.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Grumpy

Try to get hold of a copy of a book published by Xpress Publishing "British Railway Centres :no1 Leeds Central".
I had a copy and it certainly included track plans etc .
I vaguely recall a small flight of steps running down to Wellington St from the north end of the Concourse, which would tie in with what your memory. However this is 60 years ago so could be false.

Ken H

On Moderation
Try to get hold of a copy of a book published by Xpress Publishing "British Railway Centres :no1 Leeds Central".
I vaguely recall a small flight of steps running down to Wellington St from the north end of the Concourse, which would tie in with what your memory. However this is 60 years ago so could be false.
Thanks Grumpy. I had a reply to a post of Facebook who agrees with you about the entry. I think it would be opposite the Wellington St Bus Stn.
Here is the link to the FB post. I dont know if its visible to people outside the FB group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/991266087688725/permalink/1172542776227721/

Harvester

Established Member
I have a copy, which I have just checked. and it shows the track plans for winter 1957/58, but there is no information on station buildings etc. Most of the included photographs were taken from the platform ends.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
I had a copy and it certainly included track plans etc
If this the book, Martin Bott & Co. in Felixstowe currently have a copy available at a not unreasonable price.

W. Becket book.jpeg

(Pic of front cover of "British Railway Centres - No. 1 Leeds Central - Winter 1957" railway book).

Status
Not open for further replies.