• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LM Great Escape Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

coxy

Evening All,

I see that the LM Great Escape has just started. Looking at the details, there are once again restrictions on what services you can join and at what time.

It seems that you can catch trains from 09:30 onwards, unless you are travelling anywhere within the "green shaded area" on the map available at this link:

http://www.londonmidland.com/download/92874.6/great-escape-february-2014-map/

When I looked at the map, it appears the "green shaded area" stops short of what I call the WCML, in other words it suggests you cannot go from Rugby to Nuneaton then on towards Lichfield TV, Rugeley TV and finally Stafford.

So my question is that - can you travel from Rugby to Stafford at any time, or does the 09:30 rule come into force ?

Regards.
Coxy

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Polarbear

Established Member
Looking at that map, I would suggest that it's an 09:30 start for journeys commencing at the Trent Valley stations. I note the map specifically includes places such as Shrewsbury, but NOT Stafford - Rugby or any of the stations along the WCML between the two.

I'm sure that when the Great Escape was last run in Autumn 2013, these stations were included within the area where travel was permitted before 09:30 on weekdays.

coxy

That was my impression too, in November 2013 the Trent Valley line stations allowed you to start before 09:30 on weekdays.

Guess I'll have to rethink my plans then :(

alex17595

The previous great escape allowed travel before 9.30 from the Trent valley stations, but not on direct Euston services (where only people alighting at tamworth could use)

Status
Not open for further replies.