• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER information

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Got a an email from LNER last night. Helpfully letting me know that my LNER train was cancelled and letting me book a seat on another service. Although it doesn't mention that if you choose a replacement using another operator it won't book on their service until after confirming the booking on their train.

Very helpful. Until I had a look at my connecting Great Northern service and now I'm wondering why they didn't tell me that's not running either! But is it usual for the email to only mention if the main service is cancelled?

At least I got one this time.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sheff1

Established Member
Some months ago I got a text from LNER saying my connecting train was cancelled. The only problem was that the connecting service ran and was on time !

I had another strange one today, but not sure whether the fault lay with LNER or Apple. I travelled yesterday on 3 separate tickets bought from LNER and although I had added them to Apple Wallet they did not pop up on the lock screen like tickets in the wallet normally do - no great issue ......
.... however today, each of the 3 tickets from yesterday came up on the lock screen at the appropriate times but 24 hours late :?:. Any ideas anyone ?

The tickets scanned yesterday without issue so were obviously coded with the correct date.

sheff1

Established Member
Some kind of leap year problem?
I wondered whether that might be it.

And now the ticket for yesterday bought from LNER has popped up on the lock screen, 24 hours late.

Will be interesting to see what happens with tomorrows tickets bought from XC - should throw more light on whether it is an Apple or LNER issue.

Last edited: