• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

LNER - no more Nectar points on purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirodo

Via email:

We’re making some changes to our Nectar partnership

We are contacting you as you are a Nectar collector that has collected points with us in the last 12 months and need to inform you of some changes we are making to Nectar.

From 1 August 2020, you’ll no longer be able to collect Nectar points if you make a booking with us. Instead, for a temporary period, you’ll earn 2% credit back on any LNER transactions you make. This will be automatically added as an eVoucher to your LNER account each month. This means there will be a change to your terms and conditions. You can find our full Rewards terms and conditions here. Rest assured we are working on something new for the future.

You can continue to spend your Nectar points on LNER eVouchers as normal. Find out more about the changes to our Nectar partnership below.

1. Eligible customers will receive an LNER eVoucher equivalent to 2% credit back on their LNER purchases that month for tickets bought online through lner.co.uk (desktop website, mobile website or through our electronic ticket vending machines).
  2. All journeys where a customer travels on a LNER train (whether for the whole journey or just part of it) are eligible for the 2% credit. So, a journey on a LNER train between York and London King’s Cross would receive 2% credit, as would a journey including travel on a LNER train (for example, a journey from Scarborough to Brighton, which would connect onto a LNER service between York and London King’s Cross).
  3. To qualify for this 2% credit you must have a Nectar card registered to your LNER account before 6 July 2020 and have transacted with your Nectar card in the last 12 months.
  4. You cannot retrospectively go and link your card to any previous bookings to qualify.
  5. Collecting the 2% credit does not apply to any existing or new Season Tickets
  6. 2% credit cannot be collected on any element of a transaction which is paid for by redeeming a National Rail Travel voucher.
  7. The 2% credit will automatically appear in your account in the form of an LNER eVoucher within 28 days of buying your tickets.
  8. In the case of a refund the awarded 2% credit will be deducted from your LNER account within 28 days of the refund. Where a change is made to your booking, the amount of credit collected will be increased or reduced based on the final transaction amount.
  9. LNER reserves the right to: (a) withdraw at any time any credit that were granted in the case of any fraudulent activity or in error; (b) withhold or delay issuing the 2% credit; or (c) change these terms at any time.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stormaggeddon

This would explain the "Customer Panel" questions about Nectar points and the desire for feedback on a 2% replacement scheme some months ago. Interesting that they seem to have abandoned it as the final scheme, which is counter to the indications that were given online.

Hopefully it was not just myself that thought 2% was derisory and this is a precursor to actually introducing something worthwhile. The fact there are more benefits to booking via other sites that include both a greater cashback rate and Nectar points (if you really want them) when compared to via the operator directly never really made much sense to me...

Starmill

Veteran Member
Interesting that this comes shortly after the fifth anniversary of the start of the Virgin Trains East Coast contract. I wonder if they signed up for a minimum of five years?

Haywain

Veteran Member
Interesting that this comes shortly after the fifth anniversary of the start of the Virgin Trains East Coast contract. I wonder if they signed up for a minimum of five years?
I ma be mistaken but I think Nectar came along a bit later, possibly with the new website.

Chrism20

Established Member
This would explain the "Customer Panel" questions about Nectar points and the desire for feedback on a 2% replacement scheme some months ago. Interesting that they seem to have abandoned it as the final scheme, which is counter to the indications that were given online.

Hopefully it was not just myself that thought 2% was derisory and this is a precursor to actually introducing something worthwhile. The fact there are more benefits to booking via other sites that include both a greater cashback rate and Nectar points (if you really want them) when compared to via the operator directly never really made much sense to me...

They were still shunting that questionnaire about the 2% out to the survey companies as recently as a fortnight ago. I completed it on three different panels.

And yes they were told each time it was a paltry amount.

Tomp94

Ahh this sucks!

I got my AMEX Nectar Credit Card in February specifically to save those points for a first class ticket with LNER.

FQTV

Indeed but someone is evidently paying the hosting fees...

From what I can gather, they're living/working abroad at the moment.

Ahh this sucks!

I got my AMEX Nectar Credit Card in February specifically to save those points for a first class ticket with LNER.

For the time being, you will still be able to redeem Nectar points for LNER vouchers, just not earn Nectar points for LNER ticket purchases beyond 31st July.

Status
Not open for further replies.