• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Load a Z1-6 one day travel card onto my ENCTS card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve2525

For lesure trips from Peterborough can I use my NFC enabled iPhone to load a one day Z1-6 or Z1-3 travel card onto my ENCTS card?
I occasionally get an e-ticket Peterborough to Finsbury Park and a separate Z1-3 physical travel card but otherwise a Thameslink off peak travel card.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PeterC

Established Member
I have never seen any suggestion that the cards are intended to carry any sort of paid ticket.

AM9

Veteran Member
I have never seen any suggestion that the cards are intended to carry any sort of paid ticket.
Which in retrospect was a major faux pas in the drive to make travel ticketing simpler and more automatic.

PeterC

Established Member
Which in retrospect was a major faux pas in the drive to make travel ticketing simpler and more automatic.
Bying an e-ticket on your phone and then wanting to transfer it to an ENCTS card rather than using it as-is is a pretty niche use case.

Haywain

Veteran Member
Bying an e-ticket on your phone and then wanting to transfer it to an ENCTS card rather than using it as-is is a pretty niche use case.
That’s not what the OP would like to do.

steve2525

Thanks for the comments, I asked as the various rail smart card readers for iPhones didn't have any problem reading the card and if it’s possible to load a London day travel ticket then it’s another option to physical tickets.

cool110

That varies depending on the issuing council/PTE. My grandparents have a PAYG balance on theirs as at one point there was a trial of using that for peak time travel. I know TfGM also allow loading of peak Metrolink and SystemOne tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.