• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Location help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this isn't the right area to post this question.

I've been living abroad for 15 years but am now back in the UK and trying to figure out what's happened to all my beloved 56's, 58's even 60's?!?! Anyhow, I digress, my new job in the UK involves me spending a lot of time in the car, North of Birmingham, and I'm hoping someone can tell me some great locations to cop some loco's from the car on my travels? I remember you used to be able to get near the yard in Warrington... where are loco's stabled these days?

Help:oops:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
trying to figure out what's happened to all my beloved 56's, 58's even 60's?!?!

Nearly all the 56s have been scrapped or soon will be. 5 I think have made it into preservation. A chunk of the 58s are seeing service overseas (around 30) the rest are in storage (with one being returned to service in preservation). The 60s have gone the same way most are in storage around 15 are still in use and 20ish were put up for sale and will probably be scrapped.

I'm sorry to say if its freight locos you're after then you better like seeing lots of 66s as they are by far the dominant force on rail freight in Britain these days :(

Oh dear, that's not exactly what I was hoping to hear..

Can someone maybe list some places that I can cop some 66's, straight from the car?

Imagine you'd been out the country as long as I have, I know nowt!

Established Member
This site is normally very good, but seems to be having a few problems loading at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.