• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Locations for Trainspotting

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shunter

Hi everyone. I was wondering where people have been trainspotting/ train Watching, what they thought of it and what they saw.
Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

physics34

Established Member
going back 20 years , I used to go to Kensington Olympia, Newport, Barnetby, Reading and Doncaster alot. Then Clapham Jct and London Bridge for SR EMUs.

The Shunter

London is great. Once I was at Epping station waiting for a train on a school trip Watching tube trains. Good fun! Places I like to visit are Ipswich for the freight and Norwich for the short set. Peterborough is good too.

palmersears

Established Member
I'm currently in the second year of my quest to spot ever mainline unit in Great Britain, so I've been to quite a few places!

There's so many different places you can go, it really depends what you're after really.

eMeS

Hi everyone. I was wondering where people have been trainspotting/ train Watching, what they thought of it and what they saw.
Thanks.

Here you go:
http://www.trainspots.co.uk/index.php
The link takes you to the map of the UK. Click on the red printed text line (left hand column), move the map to your area of interest, and markers should appear. Each site lists other nearby sites, plus access info and what may be seen.

voyagerdude220

Established Member
I rather like Tamworth, as you get both the WCML on the low level and Birmingham to Derby main lines on the high level going through it.

greyman42

Established Member
I like Hitchin. You get a good variety and get a good view of trains at high speed.

colchesterken

Here is my list see how it goes...
Southall
South Kenton
Stratford
E Croydon-Clapham Jnc
Potters Bar
Dagenham Dock.(Footbridge) Eurostar -Javlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.