• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Locos - 31/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigS

Established Member
A trip up to London with ekr123 and daniel s visiting London Bridge, Wandsworth Road, Clapham Junction, Headstone Lane, South Kenton, Stratford and Kensington Olympia. Uploaded some pics to my site and these include;

37259/612 with 1Q14 at London Bridge
67001/027 on VSOE at Wandsworth Road
442408 + 73208 + 73206 at Wandsworth Road
66077/194/541/571 also at Wandsworth Road
66025 at Clapham Junction
66011/417/728 and 90016 at Headstone Lane
66003/576, 90041/042 at South Kenton
56303 and 20310/313 at Kensington Olympia

Photos @ http://craigrailpics.fotopic.net/c1545276_40.html

And a few videos from the day;

37259/612 departing London with a little thrash and horns (and voices)
20310/313 thrashing up at Kensington Olympia
66577 passing 456016 at Wandsworth Road

Comments Welcome :).

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jord

Great photo's Craig!

The GBRf 66728 would have been a stunner if it wern't blurred at the front, but ah well

Still great phots!

Good videos, just shame about the voices :roll:

CraigS

Established Member
Great photos Craig! Was a very fun day I must admit ;)

Thanks, certainly was a good day.

Great photo's Craig!

Thanks.

The GBRf 66728 would have been a stunner if it wern't blurred at the front, but ah well.

I didn't get it how I wanted to, I had intended to get more of a zoomed shot, but because people were standing in front of me along the fence, I would have got them in the shot.

JoshW1992

Established Member
Shame that we had to leave Headstone Lane. Would have been able to get some really amazing photos there, as it is certainly the best place on the WCML (London) that I have found so far.
Its hard to believe that the smallest of stations give us more grief than the largest...

Perhaps that bloke was just bored and wanted to bring the only excitement he could ever get, into his day and 'tell someone off.'
Must have been the highlight of the week for him.

Oh well, we got some good'uns whilst we could!

CraigS

Established Member
Shame that we had to leave Headstone Lane. Would have been able to get some really amazing photos there, as it is certainly the best place on the WCML (London) that I have found so far.
Its hard to believe that the smallest of stations give us more grief than the largest...

Perhaps that bloke was just bored and wanted to bring the only excitement he could ever get, into his day and 'tell someone off.'
Must have been the highlight of the week for him.

Oh well, we got some good'uns whilst we could!

Well I wasn't to bothered that he told us not to take any photos without permission, I only really wanted to go there for the GBRf and DRS 66s anyway, then off somewhere else further down the WCML which we ended up doing anyway.

thefab444

Established Member
What did the man who spoke to you look like? The guy who I spoke to last Friday seemed fine, just told us not to go beyond the yellow line.

JoshW1992

Established Member
Thanks, I think it is a very fine spray of water. They were spraying something in the factories over there.

CraigS

Established Member
Nice shots, I like this one :)

Cheers Craig.

Thanks, I think it is a very fine spray of water. They were spraying something in the factories over there.

I think its a scrapyard down there and I assume they are spraying the piles of scrap to keep the dust down, a bit like what they sometimes do with steam engines where water is sprayed over the coal to keep the coal dust down.

Status
Not open for further replies.