• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Railfan Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

simple simon

Hello everyone,

In the past people have asked about aspects of the London Underground that will be of interest for enthusiasts.. what to see, etc.

I created this series of web pages to help answer such questions.

Each line has its own page, plus there are a few others.

The snappy, easily remembered url is: http://london-railfan.info

The actual webpage url is: http://citytransport.info/Opening.htm

Simon

(should I be mentioning this here in the London Underground page - or elsewhere?)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Out of interest, is this aimed at Americans or created by an American? I've not heard the terms 'railfan' or 'railfanning' used by anyone from the UK.

Another useful site is Clive's Underground Line Guides, which also has a page for each line.

Also Tubeprune has lots more information about London Underground.

simple simon

Out of interest, is this aimed at Americans or created by an American? I've not heard the terms 'railfan' or 'railfanning' used by anyone from the UK.

Another useful site is Clive's Underground Line Guides, which also has a page for each line.

Also Tubeprune has lots more information about London Underground.
Its aimed at anyone and everyone... I'm English, and have lived most of my life near to Gants Hill station (still do, even now).

I chose the term "railfan" because even though I've been trainspotting since I was a schoolboy (am now 53) I've never used words like "gricer", and phrases such as "transport fanatic / enthusiast" are too long.

Maybe I subconsciously offered a nod of the head towards the American influence, such as which came from Yerkes.

Regards

Simon

Muzer

Established Member

An incredibly useful site, and I'd really like all of those textual station descriptions to be redone as images like on some lines. Though I've got pretty good at reading the text now ;)

(Incidentally, what I would really love is a table of realistic (not "safe") walking connection times between each platform of each station and, perhaps, between nearby stations too).

Status
Not open for further replies.