• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground Automatic Train Operation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriceriksen

I know the Victoria Line uses ATO, and the driver is "only" in control of the doors and the start button.

Reading the book "Mind the Gap" published by Train Crazy, the author states that the Central Line and the Jubilee Line also are in use of ATO, and not only fitted for future purposes. I thought these lines were manually operated by the driver (as it was crucial to stop exactly on the marker for the Jubilee lines safety borders.)

Anybody who could help telling me what's actually going on? Are all the lines excluding Victoria Line operated by the driver as every other book tells, or are more using ATO?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nym

Established Member
Ummm, the Victoria Line has been for a while too... (Around 48 years)

They all (except the Northern and Jubilee that use the same) use different ATO/ATP systems though, as you'd expect it can be great fun trying to get engineering trains around the network.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.