• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA 2 (2024 applications)

Established Member
It's unbelievable really how low a salary it is for what's involved to get the job in the first place and then the shifts you have to do ie mostly weekends and late night finishes . Considering there are jobs out there of similar pay scale working day shift weekdays with weekends off .

You’ll find equivalent roles at TOCs pay rather less…

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pipa

The medical test isn't done straight away, it will happen once you've been offered the role.
Sorry, I may not have put the question correctly, how perfect does your vision have to be to take on this role?? as the optician cannot give me the perfect prescription for my left eye due to my eye conditions

Neon321

Hey all,

I recently applied for the CSA Night Tube vacancy and I got 3 questions regarding this:

1: For those who were successful, how long does it typically take for you to start your first shift following the submission and deadline of your application?

2:When applying I was also able to opt for the part time dayshift vacancy, doing that would be much better for my work-life balance overall. Say I pass the Night Tube interview process but mention that I would like to do the part time roles instead and list my reasons for why, how likely would you say they would allow me to take the Part Time over the Night Tube role instead?

3: I’m currently a university student, I start my 3rd year in September/october. When I do start university, if I was successful in obtaining the part time role and my work schedule collides with my uni schedule, do you reckon I could change my rota in a way that fits with my uni schedule times? I know that CSA shifts are not fixed, however I’d hope I could negotiate with management and find a solution that satisfies all of us.

Many thanks for reading and answering

SunSeeker

3: I’m currently a university student, I start my 3rd year in September/october. When I do start university, if I was successful in obtaining the part time role and my work schedule collides with my uni schedule, do you reckon I could change my rota in a way that fits with my uni schedule times? I know that CSA shifts are not fixed, however I’d hope I could negotiate with management and find a solution that satisfies all of us.
Nope, doesn't work like that. Shift times are down to business needs, not staff needs. You can always try to swap shifts with colleagues to get what you want but that's never guaranteed. There's no 'negotiating with management' otherwise everyone else would do the same thing. If you are a student and won't be able to commit to all day shifts then stick to night tube.

Rme6

I was initially on the Night Tube waitlist but moved to a CSA Part time list and am currently going through the screening process with Reed. Does that also make me ineligible to apply for the FT position?
You can nominate for a full time position once you start the employment.

What’s the furthest candidates can be outside of London to apply ? Or does anyone on LU know of staff living 50/60 mins out ?
My commute is 90min each way. They don't care

It's unbelievable really how low a salary it is for what's involved to get the job in the first place and then the shifts you have to do ie mostly weekends and late night finishes . Considering there are jobs out there of similar pay scale working day shift weekdays with weekends off .
Progression is the key here... In job less than 2 years and train op already. 69k

Last edited: