• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Maastricht to Bordeaux

Status
Not open for further replies.

atillathehunn

Established Member
Hallo all,

I'm looking for the best way to regularly travel from either Liege, Brussels or Maastricht (it's very cheap to get from Maastricht to Liege or Brussels) to Bordeaux. I will be travelling most Fridays from September onwards. Is there some form of discount card I can get/clever tricks to save money?

I'd rather not fly.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Have a look at the main SNCF site http://www.sncf.com/en/passengers and see if there is a commercial discount card that will suit your need. It will depend on how many journeys in all you plan (and whether you are returning by rail!). There's also a Carte Voyageur which is a loyalty card.

That apart, it's Prems or iDTGV advance tickets which don't get discounted and it looks like EUR80 all the way is as good as it gets on a Friday.

The options are - 2 TGVs, changing at Paris-CDG, or Thalys+TGV crossing Paris.

The SNCF system basically adds the two fares together AFAIK but there could be bargains on the Thalys site that don't show up in a through booking.

This is a starter - I think there's other regulars on the forum who can advise better.

tannedfrog

I noticed once that it was cheaper to book Cologne to Paris on the DB site than on the Thalys, for the same train.

On this basis I think it is also worth comparing Aachen to Bordeaux on the DB site.

Oscar

Fares Advisor
I noticed once that it was cheaper to book Cologne to Paris on the DB site than on the Thalys, for the same train.

On this basis I think it is also worth comparing Aachen to Bordeaux on the DB site.

The DB site used to be able to sell Thalys tickets but can no longer do so, as DB is about to withdraw its shares in Thalys.

The DB site cannot sell tickets for any domestic TGV trains, only Paris - Germany TGV services.

Status
Not open for further replies.