• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester - Edinburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennorthyork

Please can someone tell me the cheapest for the following:
14 April rough middle of day Manchester - Edinburgh
18 April rough middle of day Edinburgh - Edinburgh
2 adults, 2 under 16s with Family Railcard?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Cheapest fares will be Advance singles each way. TPE have released fares up until the 15th, so you'll have to wait to book the return journey, but at present you can get the Manchester-Edinburgh leg for £44.20 for all of you on the direct 1216 service (arrives 1539).

I'd expect if you keep an eye out you could get tickets for a similar price for the return, though as it's a Sunday the fares may be higher (I'm not familiar with TPE's practices so I can't comment for sure).

Bear in mind the Off Peak Return (route:via York) comes to £160.60 total, so you're saving £70 (if you can get the return leg for the same price as the outbound) at the expense of having no flexibility.

Finally, I think that there's some benefit to booking through TPE's website but can't recall exactly what it is. (edit: seems to be 50% off for 16-25 holders; so no use here).

sonic2009

Established Member
Outward Journey is £27.20 Advance Single on the 1216 direct service from Manchester Piccadilly to Edinburgh for 2 adults + 2 children with a family+friends railcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.