• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Manchester Metrolink multi-coloured lights

AndyP

At Cornbrook station just above the station signs, there are two set of about 5 multicoloured bulbs.

Anyone know what these are for?
I'll post a pic later if no-one knows what I am on about

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

507 001

Established Member
As WatcherZero says, they are supposed to light the canopy up, but they’re not particularly effective.

WatcherZero

Established Member
As WatcherZero says, they are supposed to light the canopy up, but they’re not particularly effective.

I think they work quite well from the perspective of the pedestrian, makes it feel a bit more classy.

507 001

Established Member
I think they work quite well from the perspective of the pedestrian, makes it feel a bit more classy.

I think it’s more that they’re generally left on white so they don’t have the effect they’re supposed to.

WatcherZero

Established Member
Some nice purple and gradual colour rotations. Part of the issue may be not adjusting the start time between winter and summer.