• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

May - Dec 2010 Timetable now online at Network Rail

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKB

The direct hourly Virgin RUG-EUS services appear to have all disappeared from table 66.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flying Snail

Established Member
This joke of a document has not been updated as far as I can see and it is less than a week to it's validity. Will it ever be brought up to a useable standard or will they just ignore it and point people to the online journey planners and callcentre drones?

What about the printed timetables, have these appeared yet? I can't imagine the two publishers, Middleton Press in particular, being happy about releasing this fault-ridden timetable under their name.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Ive not seen any of thee new date timetables at stations.

If you mean TOC timetable booklets you won't usually see them yet. They'll normally have them behind the counter if you ask, but they don't normally go in the racks yet to avoid people using them too early accidentally, especially if the changes are major...

route101

Established Member
yep toc timetables . In the past theyve had them out two weeks in advance.

Ivo

Established Member
This is a fair point actually. I remember that, even as recently as 2007, SWT used to stock both current and forthcoming timetables at Waterloo, but thus far - with less than a week to go - as yet, nothing. In fact, Bath Spa have had a new delivery of Winter timetables!

route101

Established Member
yeah they had 2 separate stocks . Maybe its ok if they have different designs.

Aictos

Established Member
This is a fair point actually. I remember that, even as recently as 2007, SWT used to stock both current and forthcoming timetables at Waterloo, but thus far - with less than a week to go - as yet, nothing. In fact, Bath Spa have had a new delivery of Winter timetables!

Wow, that really is forward thinking!

merlodlliw

Established Member
Wrexham/ Denbighshire /Flintshire triangle
The All Wales Franchise timetables are now out, edition one, which covers Chester/Wrexham,/Shrewsbury line as managed to get it correct listing all trains
of the three tocs. Ask at the counter for them , my copy was posted to me last week

However there remains confusion on the extra W/S service in July which is shown running to/from Wrexham whereas W/S only list it to Shrewsbury on their website. I have given up with the Nat Rail version.

philjo

Established Member
FCC have had their new timetables in the racks at GN line stations (I have seen them at Letchworth Garden City, Stevenage & Potters Bar) since the beginning of May.
It is also available on the website.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Ding ding ding, seconds out - Round 2.

Now updated again.

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/aspx/6903.aspx

Still don't like the layout.

I see they still can't cope with overtaking properly. Table 158 has the slow Poole trains at xx39 leaving Waterloo after the following xx05 fast, (eg 1505 is followed by the 1439) which makes them incorrectly ordered until Southampton where the fast overtakes.

Most of them are then wrong again after Brockenhurst, where the next fast train overtakes...

D6975

Established Member
Regarding the GC West Yorks service, it only shows in tables 41 and 26, the section from Brighouse to Doncaster doesn't appear in tables 32 and 39 which they should.
Another howler I've just noticed is that the Leeds - Man Vic via Dewsbury and Copy Pit service has vanished from table 39, it only shows up in table 41.

EDIT and the Huddersfield - Leeds stoppers don't show in 41, so travellers from Mirfield and intermediate stops to Leeds have to consult 2 different tables to see the full stopping service to Leeds.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I see they still can't cope with overtaking properly. Table 158 has the slow Poole trains at xx39 leaving Waterloo after the following xx05 fast, (eg 1505 is followed by the 1439) which makes them incorrectly ordered until Southampton where the fast overtakes.

Most of them are then wrong again after Brockenhurst, where the next fast train overtakes...

Never mind overtaking, there are numerous instances of trains that run completely behind another service appearing in front of it in the timetable....

Last edited:

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
The new timetable was published yesterday, and is available from certain WH Smith outlets, priced at £16.00

626077.jpg

However, in the latest edition, TSO have squeezed two pages worth of timetables onto each A5-sized page, making the font size now so small as to be almost unreadable without a magnifying glass ! :(

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
What?!

Do you mean they've made it the same ridiculously small print size as the Middleton version? :_|

I'll give you one clue as to why I have always bought the TSO version instead of the Middleton one...
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Well, following on from the above ^^^^^ I bought my copy today and I find that the smaller print, while a pain, isn't as bad as I had feared.

And in fact I find the new font style, while more difficult on the computer, is actually easier to read on paper than the older style.

Status
Not open for further replies.