• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metrolink manchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattmatt

Neither here, nor there, but somewhere in-between!
Just got a letter through for the metrolink drivers assessment day on June 27th. It seems quite odd tho' as I'd applied back in Feb, and received the infamous email saying..

Thank you for your application for the above position.

Unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.

So to get a letter inviting me to an assessment day was completely out of the blue, but a welcome one! anyone else going on this day?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

302PS

I hope that happens to me! Lol

Maybe people are not passing the assessments so it's back down the list rather than reopening the process

jadam35

I hope that happens to me! Lol

Maybe people are not passing the assessments so it's back down the list rather than reopening the process

Interesting, maybe there is hope yet.... Happened to me in a position I applied for a couple of years ago (not with the rail) Got rejected in January and they offered me the job in April. When I asked why they explained I missed the grade by a point compared to the successful candidates, so was always going to get my chance eventually when they needed more people. Just wished they had told me at the time...

M5000

Interesting forum. I'm currently an employee of metrolink. the assessment day is as many have listed, as for practicing the tests I wouldn't bother, there specifically designed to determine concentration levels etc, so practice won't really help, you've either got the required levels or not. Just make sure you fully understand what your doin before you start and follow the instructions. As for the waiting list. Well with the current unemployment rate application numbers are sky high so naturally it will take time for everyone to get a reply. Good luck all

bobjob

I also got rejected by email for the recent assessment day, and then got a letter inviting me! Fortunately I passed the day and am waiting for the medical etc. They were saying August/sept as a start date. Has anyone heard anything more specific yet? just want to get started!!

lupol

I also got rejected by email for the recent assessment day, and then got a letter inviting me! Fortunately I passed the day and am waiting for the medical etc. They were saying August/sept as a start date. Has anyone heard anything more specific yet? just want to get started!!

Which assessment day was this? I went to one but I'm still waiting on hearing back whether I got the job.

bobjob

Which assessment day was this? I went to one but I'm still waiting on hearing back whether I got the job.

Hi, It was 4th April. I then waited till Fri 13 when letters were sent out to find out I was successful. To say I was nervous waiting to find out is an understatement!

When did you attend? HR are very helpful if you want further info. Give them a call

lupol

Hi

It was last week. I felt that I did badly at the interview and driving stage so, (like you were) I too am feeling nervous waiting to find out! Great day though and all the staff who were there did a fantastic job.

Status
Not open for further replies.