• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Missing booked advance train when using Two Together Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickmozz

May I take this interesting query a step further and ask what the position is where Two Together advanced tickets have been purchased from.... say Euston to Birmingham.

Both parties are travelling separately on National Rail to Euston to commence the shared Two Together journey but one person is delayed on their service to Euston.

How do the rules apply to this situation?

Many thanks

Nick

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
In this case, I think the non-delayed passenger would have to delay their journey in order to travel with the passenger who was delayed.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I can't think of anything written down that specifically advises in this situation.

Common sense should therefore prevail and the other passenger would have to delay their journey as Yorkie says.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I've been in what I would describe as a similar situation and that was the solution.

It used to be very common for one coupon to have multiple passengers compulsory reservations detailed, when booking for a group. If one member of the group was delayed getting to the starting point of the group tickets, then a similar issue would occur.

For example I can recall a trip from Yorkshire to Aberdeen being delayed because atrain from Hull was late and one of us was on that train. So we all had to wait. If I remember rightly, TPE had arranged acceptance with VTEC for the next train, so we had no problems getting that train, along with other passengers.

In this case, given it's from Euston, there may not be any other passengers on the train making the same connection, and given you may have to show the ticket at the gateline, I'd be trying to get the ticket endorsed if there is time. Once the ticket with endorsement is shown, along with the Railcard, there should be no issue accepting the other ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.