• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Missing station on ticket machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gathursty

Established Member
Just been in Manchester Piccadilly for a bit of a mooch and thought I'd see if I could get a ticket to Energlyn & Churchill Park on the Virgin and Northern Rail machines. No luck typing EN nor with CHURCH. Am I naive to think they'd just update every machine remotely as and when it's required?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ATW Alex 101

Established Member
Capenhurst doesn't have Ebbsfleet International, Buckshaw Parkway or Stratford-upon-Avon Parkway in the machine. Considering Buckshaw and Ebbsfleet have been open for some time now, it's time for an update!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
And I found out yesterday that Guildford doesn't have London St Pancras!

The ticket machines at King's Cross give a wide range of different prices, if a group of 4 people wishes to travel to somewhere like Bedford, as some offer GroupSave and some don't.

In Northern territory, you can't get Evening Returns or Duo on many (if not all) ticket machines!

It's not really a very acceptable situation, when the Train Companies are trying to get us to use ticket machines, for the machines not to offer the tickets we need.

user15681

Established Member
In Northern territory, you can't get Evening Returns or Duo on many (if not all) ticket machines!

It's not really a very acceptable situation, when the Train Companies are trying to get us to use ticket machines, for the machines not to offer the tickets we need.

Slightly off topic from the thread, but in response to what you said, I find it frustrating that similarly you can't buy Open returns or Weekenders from TVMs. (Was made all the more frustrating on Friday night by the fact that the ticket offices were closed and four conductors I approached were unable to sell any tickets to anyone)

Hardcastle

Just tried to get times off the Virgin website & the new stations not mentioned on there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.