• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nene Valley Railway Steam Gala 11/09/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

cksteam

http://chriskempster.zenfolio.com/p893671271

Nene Valley Railway's 'East Meets West' Steam Gala September 2011

Featuring two guest engines, freight, TPO and passenger trains, this was the biggest gala that the NVR has had for many years.

A big thank you to everybody involved in what was a truly spectacular weekend.

In service were:

BR Std 8P 71000 'Duke of Gloucester'
GWR Class Hall 4936 'Kinlet Hall'
BR Std 5MT 73050 'City of Peterborough'
BR 4F 44422
J94 3844 (No22 United Steel Companies Livery)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Spamcan81

Enjoyable day on Sunday. Got some nice phots but the strong wind made sound recording a bit of a challenge. Hope the NVR gets a good return on its investment of two visiting main line locos.

eMeS

Enjoyable day on Sunday. Got some nice phots but the strong wind made sound recording a bit of a challenge.

Me too! So, I dropped in to John Lewis this morning and came away with some fake fur fabric, and am hoping that double sided tape and suitably placed fabric snippet will make an improvement. Must do it before these high winds go away!

Hope the NVR gets a good return on its investment of two visiting main line locos.

Yes - the double heading and whistle duet were quite memorable.

Spamcan81

Me too! So, I dropped in to John Lewis this morning and came away with some fake fur fabric, and am hoping that double sided tape and suitably placed fabric snippet will make an improvement. Must do it before these high winds go away!

Yes - the double heading and whistle duet were quite memorable.

I take it you do video. My sound recording is sound only. Got the wind cage, got the fluffy but it was still fun and games on Sunday with the wind blowing the sound around and bringing the sound of the traffic on the A1 towards the railway.

Status
Not open for further replies.